When you repeatedly show up to work late what happens? When you are caught lying to your spouse or partner what happens? When you miss deadlines at school what happens?
What usually happens is a consequence. Consequences mentally deter us from slacking off so why not apply this to the health & fitness realm of our life? Lets put ourselves on a punishment system. We are our toughest critics so perhaps we should try applying that tough love when we become discouraged.
5 Ways I Can Adjust To a Healthy Living Punishment System:
1. When you cheat -burn the calories you consumed right away! Commit to 30 mints of intense cardio and calisthenics the night you cheat, before bed or your night shift. This will condition your mind to burn the extra calories that you consume while increasing your metabolism.
2. When you cheat - eliminate all high calorie carbs, sugars, & fats from your home. Refrain from going out to eat for as many weeks as the days you cheated (cheat 3 day = no treating yourself for 3 weeks).
3. When you cheat - take a before picture in one of your tightest outfits! Lol now this is funny way of ridiculing yourself for desiring an unhealthy path. Perhaps when you cheat, you can remind yourself of your physical dissatisfaction in a tube tight dress or jeans lol
4. When you cheat - perform a drinking water contest with your spouse or friend! Call someone over to guzzle as much of a gallon of water with you. See who can drink the most the fastest.
Water is the magical route to a healthier metabolism.
Since most macronutrients we consume have water and carbon (protein, fat, & carbs), water breaks down those easily soluble foods while cleansing your blood stream.
5. When you cheat - set alarms & write post-it notes! Perhaps a lil more diligence is what we need! Purchase post-its from the dollar store & start leaving reminders on your mirrors, in your car, or laptop! Use your smart phone, computer, & post its as alert systems for committing to a healthy diet & drinking a gallon of water. Some suggested times are 7a, 10a, 12p, 3p, 5p, 9p, 12a, 5a.
Hope these strategies help!! Keep me posted on results!
Please leave feedback on Facebook group & subscribe to YouTube Channel for at-home workout routines.